Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This is the day, this is the day, this is the day the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad!

I woke a number of times in the night fractured and worried over an email from the mother of a student yesterday criticizing my assignment (FROM LAST THURSDAY BUT NOT ADDRESSED by this parent UNTIL LATE YESTERDAY!) for today's class. "Her student isn't ready for this concept. It's too hard....................."

What happened to the days - way back when - when parents gave the teacher the benefit of the doubt almost no matter what??!! My mother even invited my 1st grade teacher - who hit my hand with a ruler because I coughed in class after she told us to be quiet - to Sunday dinner at our house! Now THAT was almost the ultimate betrayal! I couldn't believe I had to make nice with Miss Tiller and it wasn't even a school day.

Well, that day and this day and all the in-between days are days the Lord has made!

My focus THIS day is going to intentionally be: This is the day the Lord has made! I WILL rejoice and be glad! After all, I don't have to rejoice in particular circumstances. Some things that happen just stink! But knowing Jesus walks with me thru this day and that this same Jesus is also Lord of all Creation makes all the difference in the attitude of my heart!

No comments: