Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jesus Lives in My Heart!

There was a little boy who had a desperately “sick” heart. He needed surgery urgently.
Tomorrow morning, the surgeon said, I’ll open up you heart …
You’ll find Jesus there, the boy interrupted.
The surgeon looked up annoyed, I’ll cut your heart open, he continued, to see how much damage has been done …
But when you open up my heart, you’ll find Jesus in there
, said the boy.
The surgeon looked at the boy’s parents who sat quietly, When I see how much damage has been done, I’ll sew your heart and chest back up and then I’ll plan what to do next.
But, Doc, you’ll find Jesus in my heart. The Bible says He lives there. You WILL find Him in my heart!
The surgeon was getting really irritated, I’ll tell you what I’ll find in your heart. I’ll find damaged muscle, low blood supply and weakened arteries. AND I’ll find out if I can make you well.
You’ll find Jesus there too. He lives there!
The boy bravely insisted. The surgeon left the room.
The next day: The surgeon sat in his office recording his notes from the surgery: …damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary vein, widespread muscle deterioration. No hope for transplant; no hope for cure. Therapy: Pain meds and rest. Prognosis: (Here he paused.) death within one year.
He stopped the recorder but there was more he needed to say: WHY? He asked aloud. God, why did You do this? You’ve put him in this pain! You’ve cursed him to an early death! WHY?
God answered softly speaking to the surgeon’s heart: This boy was not meant to live in this world long. Soon he will be with Me forever. Here he will feel no pain and he will be with Me! His parents will join him here someday, too.
The surgeon wept hot, bitter tears. His anger was hotter still. You created this special little boy. You created his heart. He’ll be dead in months! WHY? The surgeon wept…….
Later the surgeon sat beside the boy’s bed. The boy awoke and whispered, Did you cut open my heart?
Yes
, said the surgeon.
What did you find? asked the boy.
I found Jesus there! said the surgeon.
(Author unknown)

No comments: