Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Looking Through His Eyes ... High Above My Petty Problems!

Not a good day today - up before crack of dawn to drive an hour to school - teaching 6 Latin classes - started home with list of PO stop, bank, grocery, library, etc. First stop: PO. Last stop: PO! Mailed bill pay envelopes but car didn't even yawn when I decided to proceed down my list. Call AAA ONLY my cell phone was also out of juice SO - good thing the PO person likes me because I had to "borrow" the PO phone to call AAA and dial a friend to pick me up.
Didn't know they start dead batteries these days with a neat little portable gizmo that zaps the battery and starts it right up! That's a good thing as it shows my inexperience with dead batteries!
AND so it goes .........
Feeling like I might want to trade lives with someone ONLY then I read an email from two friends: one has two special needs kids (one with hemophilia) and that child is in crisis right now; the other is expecting a child with Trisomy 13 - a more than difficult path!
Suddenly dead phones and batteries don't seem so big! Nothing like shining the light of perspective on any problem!
Helps me to see this world through different eyes AND, hopefully, with a different heart!

Let me see this world, dear Lord, as though I were looking through Your eyes.
A world of men who don't want You Lord, but a world for which You died.
Let me kneel with You in the garden, Blur my eyes with tears of agony;
For if once I could see this world the way You see, I just know I'd serve You more faithfully.

Let me see this world, dear Lord, through Your eyes when men mock Your holy name.
When they beat You and spat upon You, Lord, let me love them
as You loved them just the same.
Let me stand high above my petty problems, and grieve for men, hell bound eternally;
For if once I could see this world the way You see, I just know I'd serve You more faithfully.

"Looking Through His Eyes" - Words and music by Mike Otto arranged by David T. Clydesdale;
copyright 1979 by John T. Benson Publishing Company

No comments: