Saturday, February 4, 2012

Forgiveness

Last Sunday my good friend shared during worship that she knew her life is a mess and that she needs to find forgiveness. That's exciting enough but that's not the rest of the story (as Paul Harvey used to say). She is a Buddhist but she comes to A Restoration Church almost every week. She may not understand but I know Jesus is after her heart!
Outside my window snow is pelting down. The ground and trees are covered. There is an old hymn I love:
Lord Jesus, I long to be perfectly whole!
I want You forever to dwell in my soul!
Tear down every idol; Cast out every foe!
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow!
My heart has been singing that hymn all morning as I look outside at the beautiful falling snow and as I pray for my dear friend! She too longs to be perfectly whole. She too wants - longs - to be washed and forgiven!
I need that too and so do you!
How many "old" believers do you know who would boldly stand in worship and say, "My life is a mess. I don't treat people the way I should. I need and want to be forgiven!"?

No comments: