- What's happening to you?
- Do you have financial trouble?
- Have you been cheated and lied to?
- Have you lost your home?
- Has your mate walked away - chosen someone else?
- Has someone you love very much died?
- Have you been an absolute fool and are now mortified by what you did?
- Are you losing your hearing or your sight?
- Are you fighting depression that has you and your life all out of kilter?
- Do you have a terminal, chronic or crippling disease?
- Are you standing on the threshold to death?
Here's the unimpeachable truth! Here's the assurance of the Gospel! All these and a host of other life circumstances may seem like the end BUT THEY ARE NOT! You may wish it were the end BUT IT IS NOT!
God alone determines the end and we're NOT there yet!
If you think your circumstance is the end then either ... or ...
- ... either - you are not listening to the still, small voice of God which means you are listening to lies rather than living in the light of the truth of the Gospel!
- ... or - you are listening to a lie generated in the pit of hell!
Your heart may be broken by any combination of these circumstances but remember: IT'S NOT THE END! The last chapter in your story is still being written! The last act of the play in which you have a starring role hasn't finished!
The One who pulls the curtain and cuts off the lights on the stage is God and God alone! He alone is the end of all things! God alone is the One who promises, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call on Me and go and pray to Me and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart!" (Jeremiah 29:11-13)
So search for God with all your heart and THAT'S what is happening no matter what! He promises to listen, to give a future and hope and to be at the end of our search! It's not a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! God is at the end of the rainbow which is STILL the promise after the rain!