Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Balance for Your Heart Today!!

It has been close to 30 years since I first heard these words on either a cassette tape or (Horror of horrors!) a vinyl record (which is the most likely but I have honestly forgotten). What I do know and remember is that I heard these words sung and played by the author James Ward at a time in my life when most of what I could see was pretty dark. It was a desperate time and I was very shaken and scared! I honestly didn't know if I would live to see another day or year or see my two precious little sons grow to manhood! I prayed this as a prayer from my heart and listened to the music with my heart and found balance for my heart in these words from Scripture - Philippians 1:19-20:

“For it is my deep desire/And my hope is eagerly/ That I not be put away to shame at all/But that with perfect boldness/ Just as I’ve been tryin’ to do/ So his honor may be seen in my body/ So his honor may remain in my body/ So his honor may be seen/ If I live or if I die/ I may even have to die/ So his honor may be seen in me For to me to live is Jesus Christ/ And to die would be so much better.”

I recommend letting these words sink deeply into your heart today whatever your particular circumstances! I am here to tell you that not only did I live to see my sons grown into men but I am about to meet my 7th grandchild in a few weeks!

God is so good whether I live or if I die! It is STILL my deep desire that His honor may be seen in me!!! That is the cry of my heart today!

No comments: