Monday, June 20, 2011

As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after you
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship you

You alone are my strength, my shield
To you alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship you

You're my friend and you are my brother
Even though you are a king
I love you more than any other
So much more than anything

You alone are my strength, my shield
To you alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire.



--Martin Nystrom

Do you ever reflect on the words of this wonderful worship song? Have you ever been really, really thirsty? If you have then you know the singular focus of wanting something to drink more than anything.



That's the picture the psalm-writer draws for us - having a heart that loves and wants and worships God more than that kind of a focused quest for water.


Camp out in these words today. Soak them into your heart. Remember to live them with your heart this day!

No comments: