Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Go Ahead! It's Okay to Cry!

Where does your heart hurt today? How does your heart hurt today? Why does your heart hurt today?
Maybe you don't have answers to so many questions - especially so early in the day!
My heart hurt a few days ago. I was mad. I was sad. I was hurt. I don't cry but I cried as I sat at my computer and tried to answer a email that should ever have been sent. I sat at my computer trying to compose a response that didn't respond in kind. It took a long time of thinking and praying.
Now emails are not the BIG stuff! There's lots more to cry over in life. My question is: Why are we so scared to cry? Isn't the answer that we don't want to be weak or appear weak so we try to "stuff" the tears?
How about this crayoned note: Crying doesn't indicate that you're weak. Since birth it has been a sign that you're alive.
God values our tears. He says he counts every tear. He promises to wipe every tear away on the coming day of restoration! We won't have tear ducts in heaven. We won't need them.
BUT for here and now, we cry. AND our tears show we are alive! Our tears show that our hearts are alive! So, it's okay! It's okay to cry sometimes! Just don't stay stuck in "pity pot" mode! God counts and cares about each and every tear!

No comments: