Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Trial for Today, Treasures for Tomorrow: Overcoming Adversities in Life

Incredible opportunities often come our way through unexpected and even painful circumstances. My opportunity to be with my parents this last week is one such. My mother has a healing broken wrist. She can do more with one hand than I can do with two, but she and my dad are allowing "us kids" to come help out. That is a wonderful gift for us! I will keep my memories of that week in my treasure box. I will bring them out to savor as time goes on!

Trial for Today, Treasures for Tomorrow: Overcoming Adversities in Life - My mother's "trial for today" is my "treasure for tomorrow." Just one more example of learning to be an overcomer in the adversities of life.

My 87-year-old parents begin each day with their Bibles searching out nuggets of truth from God's Word. What a sweet picture to treasure! What an incredible legacy to have!

Neither of my parents are focused on either "being old" (even though both have physical limitations) or on their circumstances. They both live each day in the light of God's smile! Wow! They are both overcomers in adversity. For a few days last week I got to watch that process and even participate on the sidelines.

No comments: