Monday, April 12, 2010

Gift from God

She's a little doll - bubbly, happy, bouncy, adorable! She's gonna be my granddaughter soon. Her name is Vania, "gift from God" in Hebrew. She is all that and more! She never stops smiling. She makes it her personal mission to cheer anyone and everyone up.

When I first saw Vania, she was wearing a darling ruffled jean skirt and trendy white top. Her long blond hair was in a cute pony tail. She gave me a big smile and kept coming back to give me hugs.

Vania is God's beautiful gift! So is her mother ... and her two brothers!

A year ago my dear son thought he'd never find a girl he would love and who would love him. I too lacked the faith to believe God could and would send that special someone to the North Carolina mountains where our son lives, works, hunts and fishes among other pursuits. Thankfully God works even when my faith is small!

Part of this special restoration story is that Vania's mother even likes to coon hunt. Tho' another day finds her in 4-inch designer heels.

You know what? God is good all the time! All the time God is good! He heals broken hearts! He restores brokenness! He makes beauty from ashes! Wow!

No comments: